Saturday, March 12, 2011

Painting Demo:March Reflections by Catherine Jeffrey

This is my first attempt at a slideshow, and I should have used a tripod for consistency. Also, there is some glare on the canvas, which I apologize for. The last photo shows one that I took away from the glare, and therefore looks a little "crisper". I hope this gives a little insight into my painting process. At the very beginning, I often draw in more lines than I will use, and then lose them during the painting process.


5 comments:

mary maxam said...

this is really nice to see your methods. the gradual focusing toward the end is great. every time I thought it was finished, it just kept getting better :)

Dana Cooper said...

I love it Catherine, great job! It's so fun to see how you do your beautiful pieces!1

padmaja said...

The subtle variations in each step make a vast difference the visual impact, it was a treat to watch your process, thanks!

Diana Mieczan said...

That is so amazing. I loved that video:) Wish you a great Monday
Kisses

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Love the abstract qualities, great painting!!